Episode 3 from Rhodes to Antalya

After a month of abstinence Melanie is back.

We spent the whole afternoon clearing out Greece.


8 pm was start to Fethiye. As there were five of us, the night trip was more relaxed. Until about 3:00 Sunday morning we could sail, after that we unfortunately had to start the engine. 


We anchored in the bay in front of the marina, so we saved the fees. The bay was safe and the country was to be reached very fast with the Dinghy. 

To enter Turkey we had to hire an agent. He arranged everything for us for 150€. However, the police wanted to see all crew members personally…

Sven enjoy Ice Cream

In the afternoon we walked through the streets of the city. Fethiye is a beautiful small place with many shops. We ate a small snack in the restaurant “Duck Pond”. Very good small restaurant with typical Turkish food. 

The Duck Pond Restaurant


On the way to Kalkan we could drive almost exclusively with engine, the wind came directly frontal…

At first sight the place is a bit inconspicuous. But in the evening it blossoms. Many hotels & restaurants. Even in the low season there is a lot going on here… The marina had typical Turkish prices and was safe. Showers& toilets were also available.


Kale Köy is a dream. Here we had to moor directly at the restaurant, we were on the very left at Hasan Roma Restaurant. Very good typical Turkish food. The owners both spoke German and were very friendly.

View over the Bay

The way up to the castle is a must, best at sunset. From here we had a great view of the sunken city. It is next to the restaurant… 



A big thunderstorm was announced for Friday, so we drove as far as possible towards Antalya. 

On the way there a smaller one has already caught us. Within 2 minutes we are up from 10 to 25 knots wind with heavy rain. 

The worst has already subsided after 30 minutes…

The Thunderstorm comes

We spent the night in the Pirate Bay. The bay can only be described with one word. Fantastic. Great small bay with few boats. Perfect for swimming and relaxing.

Pirate Bay


The night was quickly over for us again. 3:30 the co-skipper came from the neighbour boat. They had a defective engine and their rope is torn, so that they are directly driven towards us. Then we sailed directly to Kemer.

Due to the storm we had reserved a mooring here for one night.



We survived the storm in the harbour without any problems. The next day we went to Antalya at noon. We had to refuel here outside of the marina, it came a tank truck…

The Old Town from Antalya

The Setur Marina is about 6km outside of Antalya. By bus or taxi it can be reached quickly. We enjoyed the beach with park and mountains nearby.

Beach in the near from the Marina

Cable Car and Mountains

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator

  1. Thomas Scherlinzky says:

    Sehr schöner Bericht! Das Video ist klasse! Bewegte Bilder sind immer interessant – habt ihr eine Drohne dabei? Freu mich schon auf den nächsten Bericht – auch mal ein Video unter Segel wäre toll! Hoffe ja das wir im Frühjahr mal eine Woche mitfahren können!

    LG Tom und Katrin

    • Vielen Dank Tom& Katrin für die netten Worte. Darüber freuen wir uns natürlich immer sehr 🙂 Den Vorschlag mit dem Video nehmen wir auf und können es dann hoffentlich bald umsetzen 😉 Wir sind immer happy neue, interessante Leute auf dem Boot begrüßen zu dürfen 🙂 LG

  2. Hey I know this is off topic but I was wondering if you knew of any widgets I could add to my blog that automatically tweet my newest twitter updates.

    I’ve been looking for a plug-in like this for quite some time and was hoping maybe
    you would have some experience with something like this. Please
    let me know if you run into anything. I truly enjoy reading your blog and I look
    forward to your new updates.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

You may use these HTML tags and attributes:

<a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>